Friday, November 25, 2005

Soup, foccacia and spinach salad

I made a vegetarian version of my Ribollita--no proscuitto--and used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. I added about a 1/2 cup cabernet sauvignon to the soup which added some depth. We had it again the next day for lunch and it was even better. I love that my kids, who are very suspicious of vegetables, will eat this up!

This is a great, easy foccacia: buy Trader Joe's herbed pizza dough--bring to room temperature in the bag, spray a pizza pan or a baking sheet with cooking spray. Stretch out the dough on the pan, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 miutes at 400 degrees. An easy way to make a meal feel a bit more special.

1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Maria

I'm enjoying reading your blogs. I made a version of this soup today for lunch. Yum! Thanks for the ideas and tips.... Teresa

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home