Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Turkey Burgers, greek salad

Burgers
1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1 egg
1/4 cup chopped cooked spinach
1/4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped

Mix all together and form into patties. Grill.

I deliberately made these on the smallish side ( got 6 burgers from the quantity above) and served them on small toasted ciabatta rolls with

Feta-garlic aioli:
1 cup non-fat greek style yogurt (or reg. plain yogurt)
2 Tbs. light Mayonnaise (Best foods or Hellmans)
Juice of ½ lemon
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. dried oregano
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
several dashes Frank's hot sauce

Usually I combine all in a bowl and then fish out the garlic halves before serving. This time I whizzed it all in the food processor --I made it an hour or so before serving and MAN was it garlicky---yummy, but I am regretting it a little. Right now I have that post garlic consumption massive dehydration feeling. And I am sure my breath stinks! Oh, but it was worth it!

Greek salad was romaine, chopped olives, feta and cucumbers with my lemon vinagrette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home