Monday, November 07, 2005

Tri-Tip, Balsamic Baby Zucchini, Couscous with peppers, pine nuts and feta

A stellar dinner tonight! I baked a santa maria marinated tri tip from trader joe's based on the package recommendations--delicious!

The zucchini was a single package of baby zucchini --about 1/2 pound, cut in half lengthwise and sauteed with 1/2 cup of slivered onion in butter. Just before serving I drizzled balasamic vinegar into the saute pan and covered for about 5 minutes over low heat.

To make the couscous I sauteed minced onion and mini-peppers (about a 1/4 cup of each) in 2 Tbs. butter. I added 1 cup of chicken broth, brought the pot to a boil and added 1 cup couscous. Stir, and cover for 5 mintes. I then added 1/4 cup of crumbled feta and 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts and fluffed it all together.

A great combination!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home